Writer. Educator. Speaker.
Why Work with Me ?
I understand the unique nature of the fitness industry and the challenges to remain competitive in the market place.
My business expertise comes from:
- running my own sole-trade business and growing it to an award-winning franchise
- being the business development manager for the largest women-only gym franchise
- evaluating fitness businesses of all sizes and models as an official judge for Fitness Australia business awards
I have visited many gyms / personal training studios, reviewed plenty of business models and mentored many, many more business owners. I have created and delivered learning modules around blog writing for SEO and delivered this in both the for profit and not for profit space. If you can talk, you can write.
Content is always Queen.
My passion has been around women’s health. I have been disgusted at the lack of resources, research and general understanding around training women through the different life phases (pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, post-natal, perimenopause, menopause and older women).
We are not little men. We have hormonal differences. We have muscular and skeletal differences. Understanding these differences, is not only good for women (and those who identify as women) but good for business.
This passion has motivated me to:
- Create training programs and systems to safely work with pregnant, postnatal women and older women
- Write education for fitness professionals so they can deliver better services to the women they train
- Start the Women’s Health and Fitness Summit – an event that for five years brought together fitness professionals and allied health professionals to build better models of inclusive care for women across Australia
My unique skill set is pedagogy – the science of how people learn. The magic of learning a new skill is universal. Most facilitators believe that we teach by telling. That the learner is an empty cup that needs to be “filled” with knowledge.
For any student to have the most effective learning experience, the teacher must possess a deep understanding of the learning process, be able to dial into this intuitively and be able to deliver education in a variety of ways to cater to all learning styles. I have developed and perfected these skills.
I am both a creative and intuitive teacher.
Read More About Mish