Safe Exercise Programming through Pregnancy – CQU
Although every woman and every pregnancy is unique, there is much that the fitness professional must be aware of to confidently create fitness programs for their pregnant clients and their individual needs.
This online micro-credential will outline key issues that relate to pregnancy and exercise and how the three trimesters impact on exercise programming. Case studies will show examples of effective exercises and modification advice for each trimester, as well as sample questions that can be incorporated into your Par Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) for Safe Exercise.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Duration: 5 hours
This course is created in partnership with Central Queensland University
- Gain confidence to ask the right questions to create bespoke fitness programs for pregnant women that are congruent to their starting fitness position and personal goals
- Describe the various risks and concerns during pregnancy
- Develop skills to confidently modify programming according to the three trimesters of pregnancy
- Outline how to work clearly in your scope of practice and know when to refer
- Define appropriate communication to this client group within your scope as a health and fitness professional.
Assessment: Online Quiz
Duration: 5 hours
Intakes: Enrolments are taken throughout the year on a continuous basis.
Study Mode: Online
Outcomes, Career Opportunities and Occupations: Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Course Enquiries: CPD-Enquiries@cqu.edu.au
Feedback from Course Participants
“I gained insights into how to train my pregnant and post natal clients in a variety of settings including in aqua classes. My clients were grateful for my understanding of their third trimester restrictions and are looking forward to their final weeks of pregnancy in a safe exercise environment.
The course Mish provided is concise and is assessed in a comprehensive yet short time frame.
Stay in the Loop for Education Updates